Sunday, January 4, 2009

Spiritual Sunday

I don't go to church. For that matter, I'm not Christian. But that doesn't mean that I can't be spiritual/religious/whatever you want to call it. So for today, I believe I will share the meditation that I did this morning.

From the Meditation Bible by Madonna Gauding

Flowing Water

Sit on a cushion, chair, or the ground near a source of running water. Breathe normally and focus on the sound of the water. Try to empty your mind of all thoughts. When thoughts intervene, return your focus to the sound of the flowing water.

With each in breath, allow the sound of the water to deepen your relaxation in your body and mind. Notice if you feel better physically when you are next to the flowing water.

When you feel ready, end your meditation. Drink a large glass of refreshing, pure water. Remind yourself to drink enough water every day.

The sound of flowing water connects your with the flow of nature and reminds you that change is a natural part of life. The soothing sound blocks out harsh noises and your own mental chatter.

No comments:

Post a Comment